A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Friday, March 30, 2012

"Quick!" single details


New Music United has announced that the forthcoming single for The Magnetic Fields' "Quick!" will be released on May 7th, 2012.  They do not mention whether the single will be digital-only or if we can expect a physical release.  The cover, pictured above, features the Michael English-designed TMF logo and a sparse white background.  I imagine more details will emerge in the coming weeks (including the upcoming video that Mr. Merritt mentioned once during every show I saw this week), and I hope you forgive me if I do not update the discography until details are solidified. 

3 comments:

  1. the cello at the end of this tune reminds me of Just Like A Movie Star.... hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mean the cello that mimics the melody of the "Who will pay the rent" line, then yeah. But, I don't necessarily hear the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually the same bass guitar line. It can be scientifically proved.

    ReplyDelete