A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Dream Again" music video

Earlier this year, on Record Store Day, Franz Ferdinand released an EP called Covers, featuring Mr. Stephin Merritt doing a cover of Franz Ferdinand's "Dream Again" (where he was inaccurately credited as "Stephen Merritt").  All these many months later, Franz Ferdinand has released a music video for this song:

7 comments:

  1. The song and the music video are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather enjoyed the video myself Mr. or Ms. Anonymous! I tend to see faces in objects rather frequently, so this confirmation of my sanity felt at least slightly reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this cover is a preview for the sound of Love at the Bottom of the Sea? At least in the way that the synthesizers are used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair point, Mr. Anderson! I'll be excited to find out whether or not your hypothesis is indeed accurate. I've always been reminded by this version and the original of "When I'm Not Looking, You're Not There," just sonically speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may or may not have heard that Andrew in Drag is insanely catchy. Just. Saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Some gentleman on Twitter live-tweeted his first listen of the song and sampled a lyric from that song. It appears to be a genderqueered love story, which might be just too perfect for words for me. I'm dying for March 6 to just be here al-goddamn-ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Mark Beaumont did give us some breadcrumbs. I have it that the song is so deliciously addictive that this poor fellow had been singing it in his head for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. Oh the build up. Oh March hurry the heck up!

    ReplyDelete