A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Andrew in Drag 7"!

On January 31, The Magnetic Fields will release their first 7" single since "I Don't Believe You" in 1998!  The first single from the new album, Love at the Bottom of the Sea, will be "Andrew in Drag."  The b-side of the single is a non-album track entitled "When Next in Love, I Fall."

The single is out via Merge records, and features the lovely owl from the cover of the new record looking particularly fabulous.  It will be limited to 1,000 copies.  Pre-orders are currently available here, but I will update when they're available from Merge Records directly.

4 comments:

  1. I know, right? As a vinyl nerd, any time Merritt vinyl is announced in any form is a cause for celebration 'round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more excited about getting an early preview of one of the songs, but yeah 45s are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually terrified about hearing any of the songs early, and am trepidatious about how I'm going to approach hearing this one. But I already bought the fuck out of the thing, and I'm sure I'll wind up spinning it pretty incessantly.

    ReplyDelete