A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Strange Powers Released Digitally

So, the official Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and The Magnetic Fields Facebook page just announced that the film will be released digitally in February.  I assume this means iTunes, Amazon, and things of a similar ilk and I'm super excited about the opportunity to watch the film every day in every way, particularly to utilize the pause functions on all those old notebooks and things.  It's also important to note that Ms. Kerthy Fix announced at the first Chicago screening that they're working on a "super deluxe" DVD for the film (her words, not mine).  Oh, the hours I will while away with that...

Ms. Kerthy Fix is interviewed on the Director's Notes podcast here.  It's a pleasant interview, and for someone who is asked more questions about the subject of her film than the film itself, I think Ms. Fix is a really great and wonderful interviewee.  She was also super nice in Chicago earlier this week, so there's that too...

And, I'm sure there are those of you who are way, way cooler than I and have already seen the below video, but I'm just finding it because I'm lame.  It's a video of Ms. Sarah Silverman discussing her discovery of Stephin Merritt's music and proceeding to play "Come Back From San Francisco," making me wonder if she's using the Stephinsongs tabs...

1 comment: