A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Three Random Bits of Information

Stephin Merritt and Claudia Gonson will be interviewed tomorrow on NPR's program The Takeaway.  Check your local NPR stations for times!!

Oh, and I guess I'll say congratulations to new mother Claudia Gonson!  I've wanted to report this for a while now, but haven't due to Ms. Gonson's lack of a public statement about the fact.  But, The Magnetic Fields recently posted this picture on their Twitter account and it shows two very happy-looking women.  I'm sure I speak on behalf of all of my readers, even the prudes, when I express happiness for the two of them.  Cheers!

Lastly, I got my copy of Esopus today featuring Stephin Merritt's new song "Meerkat Manor!"  I had to listen a few times as I was laughing too hard the first couple go-'rounds.  The song is ludicrous, guys, but oh-so-much fun.  The song is credited as being written, performed, and produced by Mr. Merritt, which means he's done one helluva effect on his vocal track, because it sounds nothing like his voice.  I'm sure I won't be the only one to laugh at its ridiculousness, but I'm also sure you'll all love it. 

For the time being, you can listen to a bit of the song here!  Thanks to Nick for pointing this out.

4 comments:

  1. There's a soundclip of "Meerkat Manor" at the bottom right of this page:
    http://www.esopusmag.com/recentpress.php
    For those of us who haven't picked up Espus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. births all around!!!!!!!!
    music and babiez.

    ReplyDelete