A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Press Release for Coraline

So, in my utmost idiocy, I missed the initial posting of the press release for the San Francisco Playhouse's production of Coraline!  So much amazing information is divulged! 

Firstly, as would be expected, none of the original cast will be reappearing in the west coast production.  But, it's interesting to note that Coraline be played by an actual 12-year-old this time around!  Her name is Maya Donato and she will go from playing Annie to playing Coraline.  I think we'll all agree to be awed by such range, no? 

Robert Moreno is listed as the play's musical director, about which I'm curious.  In the New York production, Phyllis Chen was the pianist for all songs (not to mention all three types of pianos), and I'm wondering if Mr. Moreno's role will be similar.  Either way, I'm very excited about all this information, and even moreso to go see the play.  Which is still happening, by the way, even though it's certainly going to cost me both arms and both legs. 

5 comments:

  1. Just tack this on to the list of Stephin projects that I'm missing this year.

    Ah well. At least I've got the Coraline soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed far too many things lately (20KUTS being first on the list) and I'm too indignant and stupid to let myself miss anything more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a bilateral amputee, my gosh, you're far more hardcore than I ever imagined!
    SM made a surprise appearance at the BFI Southbank on Saturday. Will email soon. Tiredness has me snuffed out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Mr. Coffey, I'd love to hear of your excursions! Did you see the film again? If so, I may hate you slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You love me and don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete