A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Drink Tea with Stephin Merritt!

Independent radio station WFMU is currently hosting an online charity auction with a bevy of interesting items up for sale.  There are several old comic books, some paintings, and what-have-you, but most importantly is the chance to have tea with Stephin Merritt!!  Were I a New Yorker, I would be the winning bidder, no doubt, but alas, I instead have to pass this information on to you lot and wish you the best of luck. 

Check out their other auctions as well if you're interested in playing with Yo La Tengo or owning some original John Fahey paintings.  Or, really, if you're interested in helping out a cool independent radio station.

5 comments:

  1. Bid and win, Ms. Hamraie!! You have NYC connections, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always thought meeting one's heroes was a bad idea. DO NOT WANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As envious as I'll be of the winner, I'll also be slightly nervous for him or her. I'm sure it won't be the most pleasant of experiences.

    But, y'know, I'd still die to win the auction. But I'm weird that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why don't you win the auction, give me the prize, and then I won't go? win-win-win.

    ReplyDelete