A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SM at the Obies



Stephin Merritt has won a prestigous Obie award, it would seem!!  Mr. Merrritt has won in the category of music and lyrics for (what else?) Coraline.  Congratultions to Mr. Merritt and all parties involved.  At this point, I'm sure Mr. Merritt's resumé is dauntingly long and, of course, very impressive. 

Oh, and can I just mention how much I adore the above photograph? 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Great job, Stephin. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of probably my favorite bit of stage banter in history, from the first time I saw The Fields:

    CRAZY AUDIENCE MEMBER THAT I PROMISE WASN'T ME: I love you, Stephin Merritt!!

    STEPHIN MERRITT: I, uh... *deep sigh*

    Oh, happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once on the 2008 tour someone yelled "I love you, Stephin!" at the perfect time. It just so happened the next song was going to be "I Thought You Were My Boyfriend". Stephin pointed his finger, muttered the title and Claudia immediately started the song. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy how many people think that's okay to do at a TMF show! When I saw them in Atlanta, some drunken fool two rows behind me thought it'd be cool to start a clapalong to "Too Drunk To Dream." Needless to say, it didn't work out so well.

    ReplyDelete