A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Real 20k Review


Thanks very much to Mr. Jack Curtis Dubowsky for the above picture of part of Mr. Merritt's score.  Here is his well-written review of the event, featuring a couple of more photographs of Mr. Merritt's instrumental setup.  It's hard for me to see Stephin Merritt actually mocking the film, but I will withhold judgement and remain objective as I haven't yet seen the film.  But, still!  It's a damn good review, and for now, the only one available on the whole damn internet, so I appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. http://bayflicks.net/2010/05/05/sfiff-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-with-stephin-merritt/

    This one makes a lot of similar points.

    I guess I'm more interested in hearing the instrumental sounds than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks very much for the link, Mr. David!!

    ReplyDelete