A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Seattle Performance of 20,000 Leagues

A performance of Stephin Merritt's score to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at the Paramount Theater in Seattle has just been announced!!  The performance will take place on June 9th; tickets are $25 and can be purchased here starting this Friday.

Needless to say, I am very excited about the potential prospect of more performances of this piece.  Seattle and San Francisco are both too far away from me for me to get overly excited, but my fingers are crossed for more announcements.

7 comments:

  1. We just saw the show last night in SF. Awesome! But don't sit directly behind the megaphones like we did....it was hard to hear both Stephin and David doing their vocals (we could hear waaay too much David and really wanted to hear mostly Stephin). Even so, it was great fun, and of course, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, thanks so much for the comment Mr(s). Anonymous! Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, can't wait to do the same myself. Of course, Mr. Handler is notoriously boisterous, so I'm no surprised by that remark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mea culpa! I meant Daniel (aka Lemony Snicket), not David. Daniel plays a mean accordion.

    We also heard that Stephin intends to make this a trilogy of work....crossing our crossables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there in SF last night too.. and yes, there was mention of it being the first of a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the confirmation on the trilogy bit, Tom! That is very exciting news to me, and I can only hope that they'll all three see the light of day with a CD/DVD release.

    And, no worries on the typo, Mr(s). Anonymous! I didn't even read it as one, anyhow; guess I was too distracted or something.

    ReplyDelete