A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More screenings, Daniel Handler event

I've added some screenings of the documentary to the sidebar over there to the right.  Most interesting, by far, is the one at the Bell House in Brooklyn on May 5th.  Apparently, Ms. Claudia Gonson will be introducing the film with an autobiographical musical monologue.  Intriguing to say the least.  Oh, how I hope that thing finds its way to Youtube.

Mr. Daniel Handler will be part of a reading for the upcoming book You're a Horrible Person, But I Like You: The Believer Book of Advice, a book of bad advice to which Mr. Handler is a contributor.  Information can be found here.

A wonderful band I'd not previously heard before named Br'er did a cover of "Irma," which can be found on their Myspace.  You can download the song here.  The band's other music comes highly recommended from this blogger as well.  Thanks very much to Mr. Benjamin Schurr for creating some really lovely tunes and for pointing me in the direction of said tunes.

And, hell, it's totally worth mentioning that Insound shipped my copy of the 69 Love Songs vinyl box!!  I am, needless to say, very excited.

I will be leaving up the "Like a Snowman" file until this coming Wednesday.  Snatch it up while you can.

9 comments:

  1. Are you bucking your trend for single word blog post titles permanently or is this just a passing phase Michael? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was never really supposed to be a "thing," Mr. Anderson, and I always kind of hated it. Then, I realized "Oh, shit, this is MY goddamn blog!!"

    So, yeah, that shit's appropriately bucked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a different Alex, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry Alex(es)! Pardon my confusion.

    But, to new Alex, thanks for commenting and welcome! I love the Stephin autograph on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem, think it's a sad bear (or a self portrait? Who knows...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting article, added his blog to Favorites

    ReplyDelete