A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Powers

Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and The Magnetic Fields premiered the other night.  Thus far, reviews are scant, presumably because people are still in the thick of SXSW.  But, I have happened upon two reviews, both of which offer a pretty positive insight into the film.  This one from A.V. Club Austin complains only of the film's lack of dramatic oomph, but does acknowledge it is a nice insight into Mr. Merritt's mind, life, and process.  This one from St. Edward's University Online is short and sweet, but says several nice things about the film.

It looks as if news might be coming to a slow halt.  Throughout February and March, this blog was crazy kinds of active, but I expect it to move at a more reasonable pace now.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about that yet, but we shall see.  Thanks again to all you lovely, lovely readers of mine.

2 comments:

  1. This has been a spoiling few months for sure! Do you think you'll just let the blog rest once there's little news, or have you thought about self-generated content? Stuff like list-making, or musical analysis? Or leaking Vacationland one track at a time? :P

    Fortunately, Stephin is so prolific that there is almost always something in the near future to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like for the blog to remain relatively active for sure, though I do admit these last couple of months have been slightly taxing. My original intention for Aging Spinsters was for it to be a website, and I've consistently found the limitations of it being a blog pretty frustrating. But, certainly, I'd like to have more entries in the vein of the discography one, just a place to store harder-to-find information and things of a similar ilk. I'll have to stew on it and see what I can muster up.

    If you (or anyone else out there in the interwebs) have some ideas of things you'd like to see, I'd love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete