A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

News


You guys, you have to understand that I am very tired right now and want to go to bed pretty fucking badly.  As such, I am not going to post every single review I found of the shows I saw, just a select few with pictures.  I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me and know that the blog will be back in its usual form probably tomorrow.

But, before I post those reviews, I must say that Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and The Magnetic Fields has been announced as part of the  Full Frame Documentary Film Festival in Durham, NC!!  This is particularly exciting news for me, as Durham is within a somewhat (ahem) reasonable driving distance from where I live, which means I will most likely be attending the screening of the film.  Of course, I will let it be known loud and proud when this is confirmed.  The screening times for the film will be announced on March 18th.

Limited tickets have been released for all three of The Magnetic Fields' shows in New York.  They can be purchased right here.

Here are some pictures of The Fields' show in St. Louis (which was an awesome show in a shitty venue).  The ultra-cool Joey Flispart of Backseat Sandbar has posted some pretty great pictures of the Bloomington show here.  The Riverfront Times posted a review and some pictures here.

And, that's all, surprisingly enough.  If I've missed something important, please let me know, but other than some scant reviews, this appears to be all that I've missed in the past four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment