A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boring

Negative reviews of Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and The Magnetic Fields have thus far been non-existent.  But, The Playlist really seems to hate the film, due to its lack of dramatic impact.  Honestly, this makes me even more excited to see the film, if only because I don't agree with the fact that a documentary's purpose is rooted in portraying dramatic events.  If the film is informative, isn't its goal achieved?  I dunno, that's a discussion for grad students to have, not me.

Not to fear, though.  Gordon and The Whale gives the film a glowing review, as did Matt Dentler (former head of the SXSW film festival.

Lastly, The Line of Best Fit reviewed the Leamington Spa show and Kirkeby Kritikk reviewed the Oslo show.

Good stuff should be coming from this blog soon, I promise.  Ideas have been flowing, and I've become pretty excited about some of them.  I thank you all for your patience!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have to agree, this is the worst update on this blog ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Way to market yourself!

    I am looking forward to these future posts, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I agree with all of these statements.

    ReplyDelete