A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wolk

Douglas Wolk, longtime supporter of Merritt's work and fantastic journalist all-around, posted this little blurb about The Magnetic Fields' show at BAM.  As a fan of Mr. Wolk, I think the blurb could be a little bit better, but it's still awesome that he's still talking about the band after all these years.

Then, the interviews!  Or, lord, the interviews!  The interview with CHARTattack is pretty lame and doesn't address any new or unique issues, so it's worth skipping.  Seattle Weekly has posted this short interview.  The best one out of this batch, though, is the one from Willamette Week, where we learn the origin of Mr. Merritt's involvement with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.  That's it for today, good readers.  I love you, and I hope all your dreams come true.

2 comments:

  1. I love Stephin as much as anybody, and I tend to agree with him about a number of things, but his statement about doing away with peer-to-peer file sharing and free music makes him seem incredibly out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this not out of my Merritt fandom, but from a personal standpoint, but I do agree that it could be done away with. Granted, now that it's here, I recognize the futility in wishing it away, and I henceforth do no such thing, but I don't use PTP programs and do think it's generally a pretty bad idea.

    But, I get and appreciate arguments opposing mine for sure. Chuck D would call me a pussy for thinking the way I do, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete