A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trailer



This looks absolutely remarkable.  I have wanted to see this film since I first found out Ms. Gail O'Hara was working on it several years ago, but this little three-minute-long trailer just blows my mind.

The website is here. The official Strange Powers Twitter is here.

The Boston Phoenix has posted this interview with Mr. Merritt.  Not a whole lot of information, but it's still worth a read.

Two days until the tour starts.  This is such an exciting time to be a fan of Mr. Merritt's work.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Though that taxi scene at the beginning is rather awkward to sit through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is wonderful in and of itself, no?

    "Never heard o' ya'!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevertheless, I'm very excited. Hopefully it will see a DVD release before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you donate to the website (which I plan on doing as soon as I get paiiiiiddddd), you get an advance copy of the DVD, though not for quite some time, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete