A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Coraline


Apparently, unbeknownst to me and perhaps most of the general public, the Coraline cast recording has been released to the general public and is no longer a tour-specific good.  Buy it here, $14.99 for the CD or $9.99 for the iTunes digital release.

It is disconcerting and worrisome that so little information about this has been released.  It would be nice for it to sell well, but according to Neil Gaiman, the CD run is limited; perhaps this is the reason for its lack of press.  Either way, we few can rejoice and buy the fuck out of it.

3 comments:

  1. Argh! I should have said something! I bought it from itunes days ago.
    3,4,6,8,13 were quick favorites.
    I get a real kick out of the Miss Spink and Miss Forcible songs. They're an opportunity for Stephin to show off his flamboyant wit.

    PS Sounds like there was some musical recycling for the first section of "When We Were Young and Trod the Boards". It took me a while to place that melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh indeed, sir! You gotta let a brother know! But, it's all good, I've ordered my copy of the CD and it's already shipped. I am excited to say the least!

    I remember many moons ago when Mr. Gaiman leaked some lyrics to the Spink/Forcible song, revealing the rhyme "undivorcable," which is truly inspired! And I have heard "Ballad of the Wasps" thanks to sometimes-commenter Mr. Randyhate. It's absolutely lovely and made me cry, but that's no mean feat, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I have reserved a copy via Ms Simms.

    ReplyDelete