A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Objectivity

The Realism reviews are pouring in, folks!  Here are two mostly well-written and wholly positive reviews here and here.  The fact that no negative review has been posted here is not a sign of bias on my behalf, I swear it, it just so happens that everyone is liking the record.  When the negative reviews start coming in, they'll be posted with as much sincerity in my vitriol.

Also, if any of you know of any professional reviews I'm missing or if you have written a review yourself, please feel free to hit me up in the comments or shoot me an e-mail.

Several websites are reporting that today is Stephin Merritt's birthday.  And, that's great and all, but they're, um...  wrong.  According to Ms. Gail O'Hara, of Chickfactor and Stephin-documentary fame, Mr. Merritt's birthday isn't until February 9th.  Read this for proof.  The year is still a mystery to most of us, but that date seems pretty solid to me.  Someone should really change that Wikipedia page.

2 comments:

  1. I have no stance on the birthday issue, but I remember an article in which Stephin discusses reading "Ethan Frome" every year on his birthday. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian [peanut butter cups 4EVA]January 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM

    I have the very same Reese's t-shirt as Amelia Fletcher. The same good taste eh! A week away now - crazy how time has flown...

    ReplyDelete