A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Laura



According to this Twitter account, Ms. Laura Barrett, of The Hidden Cameras fame, will be opening for The Magnetic Fields this February and March, and Ms. Barrett has a propensity for multiple exclamation points.  But, let's focus more on the former.

Details are still fuzzy and I'm not sure exactly what shows Ms. Barrett will be playing, but my ears and eyes will be open.  Hopefully, House of Tomorrow will announce this information soon.

7 comments:

  1. The aforementioned exclamation marks led me to believe that Tchk Tchk Tchk (!!!) were opeing for the Fields, which sounded, well, wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, !!! does a terrible cover of "Take Ecstasy With Me," so perhaps it wouldn't be quite as anomalous as one may imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian [orphan girl]January 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM

    I think they might be too loud to open on the "Realism" tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's listed as the opener for the first NYC Town Hall date, but not the second. Hmm...
    http://www.bowerypresents.com/event/3861

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is strange and slightly bewildering news, Keith. I'm what-the-fucking all over the place now.

    Hopefully this info will finalize itself soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is off-topic, but I just noticed iTunes has Realism up for pre-order, featuring a bonus track called "When Will You Love Me Again?". Thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I saw that the other day, Keith. I'm refusing to get excited about it until I know it's legit, at which point I'll likely freak out. But, iTunes is prone to similar fuckups, so I'm withholding it all for the time being.

    ReplyDelete