A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blog

The official merchers of The Magnetic Fields, Ms. Emma Straub and Mr. Michael Fusco, have just started another blog in the vein of Airplanes. Donuts. Distortion.  Aptly titled as ever, this new tour blog is entitled We Are Having A Hootenanny and currently only features two entries, one of which shows a picture of three of the shirts that will be sold on tour.  There will be a total of five shirts, which means this little blogger will be very, very poor come March.

Also, Mr. Darren Hanlon has announced that he will be opening for The Magnetic Fields on March 11, at their New York show.  Proof of this can be found at the man's Twitter account.  This explains the previous absence of Ms. Laura Barrett's name from the roster, at the very least.  Mr. Hanlon is an accomplished songwriter himself, and has opened for The Magnetic Fields a number of times.  Read this conversation between the two of them from the 2008 European Distortion tour.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Michael! What dates will be seeing you this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all, dear(s), I'm really looking forward to the blog. You can expect my visage at the Bloomington, St. Louis, and Chicago shows. And, I'm very sorry, but you'll most likely have to see me all three of those nights - I plan on buying all the merch available, but I don't want to overwhelm myself the first night.

    I want to go to the NY show on the 10th too, but I doubt that one'll actually happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool! It's going to be fun. The setlist is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian [the beauty of County Kerry]January 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM

    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're wowing the potential setlist, Mr. Coffey, then I certainly, and most wholeheartedly, agree. If you're not, then what the fuck are you wowing?

    This whole setlist deal is settin' my heart aflutter, though, I'll tell ya'.

    ReplyDelete