A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Eamon

The following video features Stephin Merritt and Claudia Gonson (with accompaniment from Mr. Michael Hearst of One Ring Zero) performing a cover of Eamon's Fuck It (I Don't Want you Back) at Kenny Mellman's Our Hit Parade. It's a pretty bare-bones cover with a (obviously) completely different mood and perspective. I'm not musically inclined and thus can't say what instrument it is that Mr. Merritt is playing, but perhaps someone can let me know in the comments. Either way, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I loved this - thanks Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, good sir. In case you're unaware, there is a similar video on Youtube of Mr. Merritt and Ms. Gonson singing "Waking Up in Vegas," that is at least as glorious as this one. I think it is the second or third listed vid if you search "Stephin Merritt" on Youtube. And, prolly the first if you search "Claudia Gonson."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yeah I'm well aware of that one. "I'm Katy, he's Perry". I love it. Goodnight from here....

    ReplyDelete