A blog devoted to the works of Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, et al. This blog will feature news related to his work, as well as occasional fanboy gushes from the author. Thank you for stopping by, and may all your dreams come true.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

This is a test.

I have been contemplating the idea of creating my own Stephin Merritt fan site for quite some time now, but have had inhibitions about doing so due to my lack of HTML skills. So, I have copped out and created Aging Spinsters on Blogspot, which I hope becomes a better idea than it seems to be.

A little backstory is in order, I suppose. My name is Michael, and I hope in future entries to avoid speaking in third person. My love of Mr. Merritt's music is far from minimal; thinking of the obscene amount of money I have spent on completing my collection and the countless hours spent researching every ounce of information I could find makes my head spin. So, not to be immodest, but I consider myself to be quite a reliable source on most things Stephin-related.

We shall see how long this project really lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment